Due to the unfortunate rise in CoVid in 2020, there has been lockdowns imposed in almost the entire world and the world economy came to a screeching halt. Now, while governments across the world are realising that complete lockdowns are not the sustainable solution and thus reversing them, still the advisory continues to remain at home and go out only when absolutely necessary. Social distancing has become the new norm and it is here to stay for at least about 6 months more – that if we are lucky.
In this situation people were constrained and found hard to pass time and be stress free. Many people flocked to online streaming sites like Netflix, Amazon Prime, MxPlayer, Hotstar + Disney etc. However, since the lockdown / social distancing period has kept on increasing and shooting is haulted there was a dearth of new content which can keep people hooked on. That is whether companies found an ingenious way to hook people – online casino gaming. Users just go to the site – deposit money and play against either the house (bot) or other users.
This ideas so far seems to have clicked with users:
- Gambling is addictive and once you latch on – win or lose you get stuck and passing time is no problem – money on the other hand might become issue in case of large losses
- Users get to play with money without social stigma – no one knows who is doing what on their smartphones
- No legal issues (assuming, companies would have taken care of this)
- Professional players – who cannot do live events now are also using these apps to play
- New and engaging apps keep coming up with better user interface which threaten to bring more and more of this offline experience to the smartphone
Some of the apps that are targeting this space are:
1. Jungle Raja
This game does not require an app download – just go and register with your email id, phone number – verify them, load money, and start playing.
- There are over 1000 games – Poker, 3 Patti, Andar Bahar, Roulette, etc.
- You also get bonus cash when you load money
- You can use Gpay and cards etc to load money
Ace2three is an app based Rummy Game. You can do deposits and can start playing
There are other sites also like :
- Pure casino,
- LeoVegas.com etc.
However, there is one word of caution – these games deal with real money and also are addictive in nature as mentioned before also. Hence proper discretion should be observed before playing these and also these should not be played by children or whoever or where ever this is not permitted by law.
Ravi is an IIM ranker with over 9 years of work experience and has helped optimize the growth and financial performance of companies like BPCL, Sun, Ola, Swiggy, Curefit, and Rupeek. In this blog, he explains how to improve personal finances, do growth hacking through digital marketing or other initiatives, and provides a sneak peek into the financial models of companies – especially startups.